We have taken three things we love and combined them into this one fantastic recipe for campfire brownies.
Of course the marshmallows or pecans are optional.
You could even go with other nuts like almonds or no nuts at all, it’s completely up to you.
For this recipe, we use a 12″ dutch oven and you will need about 26 hot coals.
You can use hot coals from your campfire or charcoal that you bring.
If you do not want to make the mix from scratch, subsitute brownie mix or chocolate cake mix.
Here are some more greatrecipes for you to check out when you finish this one below.
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1/ cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Mini marshmallows
- Mix everything except the mini marshmallows and chocolate chips
- Pour into a well-greased Dutch oven
- Place Dutch Oven on coals and place 12-14 coals on top
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove the dutch oven from the coals (keep the coals on the top of the oven) and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the marshmallows and chocolate chips
- Replace the lid for 2-3 minutes or until chocolate chips and marshmallows start to melt