First, thank you for hanging out at our site with us, but I want to let you know how we choose our recommendations.
One of the most essential supplies you need when you go camping is a tent. It protects you from inclement weather, wild animals, and prying eyes. Doubly important is the fact that you probably wouldn’t be the only person suffering from a faulty shelter if you’re looking for a four-person tent.
That said, it is crucial that you find one that you can trust!
Luckily for you, other campers before you have tried and tested the best tents on the market! I have compiled a list of the most recommended four-person tents and why people speak so highly of them so you can save yourself time and stress, knowing that you have made the right decision for yourself and your group.
First, thank you for hanging out at our site with us, but I really just want to let you know how we choose our recommendations. We do not only look at our own equipment since we know needs and what people like can be different. We also have a close group of seasoned campers that we trust and ask for opinions on. Another BIG factor is what people that own the equipment have to say.
Last we look at what the best tent for the price is. That’s why you may see one that is priced very low or why you may see some in the mid to high-end range. If there is a tent priced lower and has the same quality as one that is higher priced, we will always recommend the lower priced one.
Ranking near the top of the highest rated tents on Amazon is this four-person model from one of the most trusted brand names in outdoor gear! Here’s why:
- It is easy to set up. The company itself claims that you can pitch your tent in only 10 minutes! The campers in the comments seem to agree that the average setup time is actually 15 minutes, which isn’t too shabby.
- It has welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry and warm.
- The tent actually comes with a large vent, so things don’t get too stuffy. With four people sharing one space, that’s a nice feature to have!
- It’s spacious, measuring 9 ft. X 7 ft. across with a center height of almost 5 ft. You should have plenty of elbow room and definitely enough headroom to get by.
- One of the greatest bonus features of the Sundome is that it has inside storage pockets. That makes organizing everyone’s gear so much easier!
The Coleman Sundome 4 rates high out of 657 reviews. What other campers like about the tent most is:
- The easy setup
- The quality of the material
- The low price (currently will cost you less than $100)
- The fact that you can run wires through an opening in the tent for electricity
- The wind and weatherproofing the tent provides
- The ample ventilation the vents provide
You should check this one out on Amazon click here.
If you and your group are avid campers, you should check out this tent from Eureka! The company has been around since the late 1800s, and for great reasons. They have stayed in business because people can trust the quality of their products. Here is some of what this four-person tent provides:
- An extra spacious interior. Because the walls of the tent are more vertical than they are slanted, you have more floor space and more headroom than others may provide. The floor is 8 ft. x 8 ft. and the tent itself is 7 ft. tall.
- Weather and wind resistance. The tent frame is made of steel and fiberglass; you can be sure that your tent will hold up in all kinds of weather.
- Storage pockets and a gear loft. Floor space is precious, and you need as much room to move freely as you can get. Organizing your space is essential for keeping everyone in the group happy and comfortable.
It rates good with 319 reviews. Here’s what people liked about it:
- The ability to actually stand up and walk around in it. One reviewer says that her husband, who is 6’ 2”, can stand up straight inside just fine. This option is great for people with physical issues that sometimes can’t go camping because they have to bend to get inside.
- It’s weatherproofing abilities. Campers who have taken shelter in it through heavy thunderstorms report that absolutely no rain made it inside. Through heavy winds, the tent stayed upright, and the stakes seemed to stay in place.
- It weighs only 20 lbs. This is actually great for such a large tent with so many features! Between you and your fellow campers, you should have no problem carrying it.
It’ll cost you between $200-$500 depending on when you buy it and from whom. That seems pretty expensive, I know, but it is well worth the price!
You will want to check out all the specs and ratings on Amazon Click here
If you want your tent to have a more futuristic vibe, this is definitely the model to go with! This funky, space-age shelter from Gazelle Tents has almost everything you could possibly want from your camping experience. This includes:
- The quickest setup time around. Gazelle claims that you can pitch this tent in under two minutes! It seems too good to be true, but the campers who have used the tent in the past concur.
- Ample space for everyone. The floor is 61 sq. ft., and it stands over 6 ft. tall.
- An attachable rain fly. You don’t have to worry about getting damp while you sleep! Gazelle has you covered.
This tent has a rating very high rating from owners, making it one of the most reliable you can find on the market. Avid campers of years and years can’t stop singing its praises. Why?
- It has amazing weatherproof abilities. So many have said that not a single stray drop of water entered the tent through heavy storms.
- The tent is actually spacious enough for comfort. Many tents claim to fit four people, but the reality is that even two people have trouble getting comfortable. This can fit a queen mattress and a cot or two, so you can rest easy.
- Anyone can set it up. Older campers often stop going on trips because they can no longer handle pitching a tent by themselves. One 70-year-old camper says that it’s the easiest one to put up and take down that she has ever had!
Now, this tent isn’t the most affordable, but it’s still a steal compared to other brands’ prices. You’ll shell out around $200-$300. Given the durability and glowing reviews, though, I believe you will be getting the most out of every penny.
You definitely need to check this tent out, and we recommend heading over to Amazon to see the specs and reviews for yourself. Click here
If your plan is to travel light, this is the best option for four people. ALPS is known for making some of the best backpacking tents around for great prices and with plenty of features like:
- A free-standing frame. No tent poles are necessary, and it makes setting up your home base an easy, breezy process.
- Weather resistance. The tent is, of course, waterproof, but it protects you from so much more than that. It resists UV damage and high winds as well.
- Ample storage space. There are two vestibules made to store your gear. Since you are packing as light as possible, it could potentially hold most of your group’s gear!
- Lots of floor space. This tent is listed as having a length and width of 7’6” x 8’6” so your whole crew can fit snugly.
- It only weighs 8 lbs. And 10 oz., which makes it one of the lightest you can find for such a high capacity.
This tent has high ratings with over 200 people chiming in! Here’s what people have to say about the Lynx tent:
- It takes one person only around 15 minutes to set up completely.
- It stays up nicely through 30 mph winds. That’s certainly better than most tents can do!
- The tent is much bigger inside than you would expect it to be.
- You can easily use it comfortably for weeks at a time without damage or shifting.
The Lynx four-person tent is one of your more affordable options, generally priced in the mid $100s. This is a great price for all the use you will get out of it! Click here to see it on Amazon.
It’s no surprise that Coleman holds several spots in the most recommended tents, mostly due to their wide range of features and accommodations. This four-person tent includes:
- Double-thick fabric for extended durability. No matter where you go, this tent will hold up and last for years to come.
- Great floor space. The dimensions are 8 ft. x 7 ft. This is about average for a four-person tent, but average is still good.
- An easy setup. Coleman claims that you can set it up in only a minute.
This tent is rated good. This doesn’t sound so stellar compared to the other models listed, but it is one of the most frequently purchased. Over 2,400 people have reviewed it; there are bound to be some who didn’t feel that it suited their conditions. Most people love it, and here’s why:
- The setup is definitely doable for one person, but two people make it go faster.
- You can fit large air mattresses inside with no issue.
- It can weather any storm for hours at a time.
- It insulates you adequately from freezing temperatures.
The Coleman Cabin tent is the 2nd most affordable on this list with a price range in the low to mid $100s. If you are camping on a budget but still need a lot of space, this could be the one for you!
No matter which tent you choose for your situation, you are practically guaranteed to have a great time with no leaks and space to sleep that will please everyone in the group. Have a great time!