Planning a camping trip for a large group is difficult in many different aspects, but finding a shelter that fits everyone comfortably is perhaps the most challenging part. If you want your getaway to be as successful as possible, you need everyone to be well-rested; that can only happen when people are not smashed together like sardines! Unfortunately, finding a high quality 8-10 person tents is hard, and that is why so many a camping trip has gone awry.
I want to keep that from happening to you and your camping buddies, so I’m going to show you where you can get the best tents and why they would be perfect for your vacation!
Most Recommended 8-Person/9-Person Tents
The Eureka! company has been around for over a century, and for a great reason. Their tents are known for being durable, spacious and reliable; this tent is no exception. If you are looking for a model that has it all, you might want to check this one out.
What You Get
- 13 ft x 10 ft floor space
- Near vertical walls (7 ft. tall)
- One large room or two rooms if you attach the included divider.
- Power port for electricity
- Zippered windows for a 360-degree view
- 6 storage pockets and 2 gear lofts
- Weather-resistant material
- Fits several airbeds comfortably and 8 people with sleeping bags.
This all sounds too good to be true, but reviewers seem to agree. Let’s see what they have to say about this tent.
The Eureka! Copper Canyon tent has a high rating with over 300 reviews. Here are some of the great things that owners say about this tent.
- Even if you are over 6′ tall, there is room to stand up.
- This tent doesn’t leak at all when it rains.
- You can assemble this tent by yourself in about 10 minutes
- Holds up to both wind and rain
- There is plenty of room for beds and a small table.
Over and over again you see people that have used this tent in the rain and it has performed perfect, and for that, it makes it to the top of our list.
The price varies, but you will definitely want to click the Amazon link and check out the current price here.
Groups planning on pitching their tent in inclement weather might find that this 8-9 person tent is a wonderful option! NTK is not as famous as a brand as others like Coleman, and it has not been an established business for as long as Eureka!, but a lot of people seem to love their products. This tent is another favorite, and here’s why.
What You Get
- 2 ft. height
- Mosquito mesh to keep out annoying bugs
- Weatherproof material
- Rainfly for maximum protection against storms
- 3 windows
- E-port for all of your electrical needs
The NTK Laredo tent has high ratings with 102 reviews. Satisfied campers have left glowing reviews.
Here’s a summary of what they are saying-
- This tent holds up in 100-degree weather but holds up perfectly to wind and rain
- Easy to take down and get back into its storage bag.
- This tent is huge. The space inside is insane.
- Easy to set up in about 15 minutes with color-coded poles.
- The poles and material on this tent is really heavy duty.
People most often commented on three basic things about this tent.
- This tent is big
- Materials hold up to a variety of weather
- fast and easy to setup
This tent also is available on Amazon from various sellers and since the price changes often, be sure to go check out its current price here.
This tent is advertised as being for nine people, but it would provide a roomier option for eight if you want a little extra elbow room. If that is something you are looking for, stop here and consider buying from CORE.
What You Get
- Easy setup (the company claims that you can pitch your tent in just one minute!)
- Room divider for extra privacy
- E-port for electrical devices
- Tent stakes
- Carry bag
- Wall storage pockets
- 5 ft. height
Maybe you were skeptical of the other two tents because not as many people reviewed them as you would have liked. This one has over 500 reviews from other campers, though, so you know you can trust this tent after you hear what these satisfied customers have to say.
Here’s a summary of some of the things people like about this tent.
- It’s easy to get this tent back into its bag
- One person said that they get 2 adults, 1 kid, and 2 dogs into this tent with plenty of room to spare.
- High ceilings and great ventilation
- Stays dry even in heavy rain.
- One person said it fits 2 adults, 4 young kids, and a large dog with plenty of room.
The most common positive comments were that this tent has a lot of room and it has great ventilation with ground vents.
You will really want to check out more on this tent and get the current price here.